Holy crap, I missed my birthday! Last Thursday, Rangelife turned 3. Thanks for all the gifts and well-wishes, you ungrateful asses.
As with real birthdays, you care less about your blog-day every year. But Rangelife has inherited the birthday traditions of its creator, so this weekend this blog will shut itself in the house with a giant bag of crystal meth, a case of off-brand lemon-lime soda, and a stack of porno LaserDiscs from the early '80s.
Also, as per tradition, some stats:
- Posts: 700 (exactly, including this one)
- Comments: 1,450
- Pageviews: 516,298 (469/day average)
- First 1,000+ PV/day post: 6/28/05, Jan Wahl's Failed Audience Uprising (Jan tries to get War of the Worlds preview audience riled up about turning in their purses)
- First 50,000+ PV/day post: 3/10/06, Victoria, Not Victorious (ingenious Cal prank on USC)
- Most commented post: Home Depot to Customers: Drop Dead
- Most popular search term: Nazi Porn (Google again darkens our view of humanity)
- Odds that Rangelife makes it through another year: Above average. Better than Britney Spears or Dick Cheney.